Experiments in Education
We established a Hospital, Nursing Training College, ParaMedical College, Teachers Training College, Skill Development Livelihood College and other. Now, these institutions have an annual turnover of millions of dollars.
Without taking grants from international/national/government funding agencies, to know how we established these institutions from the scratch as the common people, Please go to the Link to read a complete article.
Other experiments in education
- Education centres for children of indigenous migrant labours and beggars in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Education centres for children of Dalits (untouchables) and self-rule village-councils in villages of Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh
- Experiments with innovative ideas in a school in a village of Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Tarun Jal Vidyapeeth (Tarun Water University), drug-addict students, in a village of Alwar, Rajasthan
- Bastar, Chhattisgarh: the Maoist violence region
- “Shikshagram” (education-village) in Maharashtra
A permanent resident of Australia, he is a scholar, an author, a social-policy critic, a frequent social wayfarer, a social entrepreneur, a journalist and an editor; founded the Ground Report India, various cottage industries, local community institutes and writes Books on social issues.
He has been exploring, understanding and implementing the ideas of social-economy, participatory local governance, education, citizen-media, ground-journalism, rural-journalism, freedom of expression, bureaucratic accountability, tribal development, village development, reliefs & rehabilitation, village revival and other.
For Ground Report India editions Vivek had been organising national or semi-national tours for exploring ground realities covering 5000 to 15000 kilometres in one or two months to establish Ground Report India, a constructive ground journalism platform with social accountability.
Vivek wrote a book “मानसिक, सामाजिक, आर्थिक स्वराज्य की ओर” on various social issues, development community practices, water, agriculture, his groundworks & efforts and conditioning of thoughts & mind. Reviewers say it is a practical book which answers “What” “Why” “How” practically for the development and social solution in India. The book is in Hindi and will be translated into English soon.
The other book on the theme of the constructive conflict resolution in Bastar, Chhattisgarh, the red zone headquarters of the Maoists.
The Founder and Chief Editor
Ground Report India ISSN 1839-6232, an international eJournal circulated to around 100,000 persons in more than 50 countries (overall expected reach - more than 10,00,000 persons).
The Vice-Chancellor and co-Founder, Gokul Social University
Gokul Social University, a local community non-formal institute.
- Environmental & Economic Sustainability, Social Harmony and Social Transmutation : an example towards Self-rule/Swaraj
- Liquor revolution in Bihar towards Social Harmony and Sustainability – a grassroots movement (2011-2015) of around one million women
Member of the International Division, The Chartered Institute of Journalists, London
The Chartered Institute of Journalists London England, the oldest professional body for Journalists in the world, was formed in 1884 and is a representative voice of Media and Communications throughout the United Kingdom and Commonwealth.
Regional Vice Chairperson- Oceana
Oceana, Diplomatic Commission, IAEWP (ECOSOC United Nations).
Wikimedia Australia & UK, Wikimedia.
Founding Coordinator, LGDESG
Local Governance & Decentralized Economy Social Group, LGDESG, was formed in 2005 to work for Local Governance, Conflict Resolution, Social Education, Social Economy, Social Accountability and Social Ownership. This organisation with its family of organisations and individuals has been working in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and other states of India.
Joint Convener and Founding Member, Non-Violent Initiative
with late Triloki Nath Purwar, Radha Bhatt (GPF), Surendra Kumar (GPF) and other
- Non-Violent Initiative, NVI, a civilian initiative based on ideologies of nonviolence for Peace, was formed in 2008. It is working for Conflict Resolution with Peace in Nagaland, Manipur and other states of India.
Member Sydney PEN and International PEN
the worldwide association of writers, was founded in London in 1921. Today International PEN has 144 Centres in 102 countries across the globe. International PEN is a non-governmental organisation in formal consultative relations with UNESCO and Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Asha for Education, (USA, India and other countries)
Asha for education co-founded by Dr Sandeep Pandey in the USA in 1990. Dr Pandey received Magasaysay Award in 2002. Asha for Education supports Non-Formal Primary Education for underprivileged children in India. It also supports Right to Information, Right to Education, Right to Food, NREG Act and other activities & issues in India.
- Zonal Coordinator for North & East zones of India (2007-2009),
- Member- National Coordination Committee (2002-2003)
- Member- Editorial Board, Sachchi Muchchi (2002)
National Joint Convener, Jal Biradari (2005-2006)
Jal Biradari was formed as an association of organisations for water education, water literacy, water harvesting, drinking water and water privatisation issues in India by Dr Rajendra Singh, Magsaysay Award receiver.(Photo Album of Jal Biradari 2005)
Course Coordinator, Tarun Jal Vidyapeeth (2005)
Tarun Jal Vidyapeeth (Tarun Water University), was formed in 2005 for alternative research and training programs in Water Literacy, Water Harvesting, Natural Farming and Environment. It had 35 students in the founding batch of students from different states of India. It was founded by Dr Rajendra Singh, Magsaysay Award receiver.
Executive Secretary of the Secretary of the Trustee Board of Gandhi Smarak Nidhi
to organise an international seminar on “Culture of Peace, Participatory Democracy and Women Peace Force”, co-organized by McMaster University (Canada), Ottawa University (Canada), Gandhi Smarak Nidhi, Gandhi Peace Foundation and Others. (2005).
- Gandhi Smarak Nidhi (Central), New Delhi, parent organization of Gandhi Peace Foundation, Gandhi National Museum, Rajghat and other prestigious organizations, was formed by Dr Rajendra Prasad (The First President of India), Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru (The First Prime Minister of India) and other prominent leaders of India after the Demise of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of Nation of India.
Founding Executive Director of Education (2004)
Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Narayan Smriti Vidyalaya, was formed in June 2004 for experiments in Formal Education. It was established at Bilari Sub-Division of Moradabad district, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Coordinator, REaD- Girl’s Higher Education Program in U.P. (2002 to 2004)
Research Education & Development Foundation (REaD) was founded in USA and works for Education in India.
Zonal Coordinator, ARANYA, (Kanpur Zone 2003)
ARANYA was formed to work for Environment.
Education Coordinator, MSSS
for Centres of Education for children of migrant workers and established more than five centres for MSSS. (2000-2002)
- Manviya Shiksha Sankar Sansthan (MSSS or MS3), an institute of Human Education and Science of Living, was formed in 1999, situated at Mandhana, Bithoor Road, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It works for ideas of JIVAN VIDYA given by Baba A. Nagraj, Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Founding Coordinator, KRITI
- KRITI (The Creation), was formed to work for Social & Human Values with students of Engineering, Medical and Management. It was supported by faculties of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, HBTI Kanpur, and Others.
Yog & Meditation Instructor at Yog & Naturopath Care Centre
- It was formed in the decade of 1970s by Dr Santosh Umrao (Guest Faculty for Yog, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow and other prominent organisations of India) for Medicare by using Yog & Naturopathy.
is/was associated a-politically with
- Association for India Development (AID)
- Coalition for Nuclear Disarmament & Peace (CNDP)
- National Alliance of People’s Movement (NAPM)
- World Social Forum (WSF)
- Asian Social Forum (ASF)
- Indian Social Forum (ISF)
- Mumbai-Resistance-2004 (MR-04)
- Jeevan Vidya (Understanding of Existence & Philosophy of Life)
- Manviya Shiksha Sanskar Sansthan, Mandhana, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Gayatri Mission (Yug Nirman Yojna, Pragya Peeth and others)
- Art of Living (AOL)
- Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS)
- Bharat Uday Mission (BM/ BUM/ BHUMI)
- Bharat Punarnirman Dal (BPD)
- Lok Paritran (LP)
- Indo-Pak Peace Movement
- Shiksha Sopan, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- Samagra Shodh Sansthan
- Peace Channel, North East, India